Marilyn Keller - Vocals
Marilyn brings a special magic to the stage with her charming presence and flawless vocal stylings. Her musical roots are diverse. She joined Black Swan in 1997, quckly establishing a loyal following in the Dixieland and Ragtime scene. She has also remained active in a wide variety of other performance ensembles and styles: The Don Latarski Group, Darrell Grant, Thara Memory, Tall Jazz, Tom Grant, Michael Allen Harrison, Disciples in Song, and the Augustana Jazz Quartet to name a few.
Marilyn's formative jazz training was as a member of the Mt. Hood Community College Vocal Jazz Ensemble and as the vocalist fronting the award-winning MHCC Jazz Lab Band. She is featured at the Jazz Worship Service at Augustana Lutheran Church every Sunday and can be seen frequently at restaurants, clubs, festivals and holiday events throughout the Pacific Northwest. Marilyn's versatility extends to the recording studio and she has contributed her talents to various original CD's, albums, demos and commercials.
Marilyn is featured on the following Black Swan recordings:
- Hoagy, Heart & Soul
- Dance Hall Favorites
- Feel the Spirit
- This Joint is Jumpin'
- Ragtime Revelry
- A Joyful Noise
- Mama's Gone Goodbye
- How You Gonna Keep 'em Down on the Farm?
Her current discography also includes:
- Marilyn's solo release is "At Last" (available at www.sachikurachi.com)
- How Many Ways with Don Latarski and Chris Stevens
- How 'Bout Now and Once in a Blue Moon with Tall Jazz (available at www.talljazz.com)
- Promise with Jeff Ibach & Promise
- Deep Play, Rue II and Live from Eden Hall with Don Latarski and Rue de Blues (available at www.donlatarski.com)
- My Gratitude with the Disciples in Song